Jul 17, 2014

The Daily Magic Light. July 17

Lower Yosemite Falls, California, 2013

Last year, Cami and I we had a marvelous photo trip in Califormia for 10 days, wandering from Los Angeles to Yosemite and shooting in some great places like Moro Bay, Moonstone Beach, or Julia Pffeifer Beach. The last 3 days we spend in Yosemite next to Dave Wyman, a great photo tour guide and a great person I have met one year before in my unforgettable trip to Yellowstone.

It was my second time in Yosemite after my trip with Runa in 2011, but Dave managed to show it to us differently. For example this magical rainbow forming on the lower part of Yosemite Falls but only if you reach there before 9:00 AM :) I was so excited about the light, that I did anything to get closer, climbing some slippery rocks, totally unprepared and without securing my cameras in the rush of finding the perfect angle. So, I slipped from a rock and my camera fell from my shoulder hitting a rock with my bloody expensive 24-70 / 2.8 L lens. To my luck, it was still functioning in manual so I was able to catch this image and fix it when back in Bucharest.

Canon 5D Mark III, 24-70/2.8, F11, S 200, ISO 200