Jul 28, 2014

7 UP[LOAD]. Week 30

Budapest 2014
Why I like it best? Because I worked a lot for it and it was no accident, I got exactly what I was looking for when planning this evening out for photos.

It was a gloomy day with a lot of showers. Towards the afternoon the sky was turning into an interesting mixture of clouds with some promising set up for sunset. After 4 months in Budapest I got to understand the light of the evening about 4 PM afternoon :) So I left work, run for the hotel, took my bike, mount my photo bag on it and ride for the Pest side of the city towards the Chain Bridge. I snapped  some interesting images taking advantage of the evening light coming in and out from the clouds and then I run (literally) towards the Parliament shore where people are ussually walking at leisure pace.

If found his piece of water gathered from the rain before and notice the sunset reflections. It was in a narrow place in which you had two options. Either you climb a step right before the water, either you go around it on a small path in between the water puddle and the Danube shore. I strategiccally sat myself on the grass occuping the small step so the only possible way was in between me, the water puddle and the sunset. 

I set up the camera with some self portraits, used my photo bag as I tripod, focused manually, left the camera next to my foot and then I rest as any other tourist watching the sunset. Some dozens of people passed before me, some of them annoyed as the road I left was a bit uncomfortable. I clicked and clicked my shutter like 30 times. When this young girl passed before me, I knew I had my picture.

They say Budapest has fabulous nightlife you know? I think I got a piece of it :)

Canon 5D Mark III, 24/1.4, F16, S125, ISO 800, under exposed 1 stop, post processed in Gooogle Snapseed