Jul 15, 2014

The Daily Magic Light. July 15

Mihailesti, 2013

One year ago, we took a balloon flight for the first time in our life. Camelia has awarded this ride as a birthday present for my brother, his wife and for me. We took off just before sunset from 30 km from Bucharest and we flew for 20 min around 800-1000 m altitude, just to land pretty bumpy on a corn field after we avoided some high voltage lines. It was a magic experience, full of adrenaline and enchantment. I made a lot of pictures but this one is my dearest. As I was looking mainly in the direction were the air was pushing us, I turned my head into the sun just to see a glimpse of it's reflection in the river down below. I managed to set up my camera within two seconds and shot this before our balloon position to change.

Canon 5D Mark III, 24-70/2.8, F 22, S125, ISO 200, underexposed 2 stops for the star to come out, post processed in Camera Raw to darken the sky