Mar 1, 2011

Waltz. Op. #168

Bucuresti, 2005
There is a saying like: "Small kids, small problems, big kids, bigger problems" As you know, I have 3 kids, of 10, 5 and 2 1/2 y.o, 2 girls and 1 boy so I am coming across all kind of problems.

Runa will soon be 10, she's in the 4th grade and starting to have self confidence issues mainly because of her teacher. I will not discuss here about her teacher or our beloved education system (don't start me into this because I am so furious these days that I won't stop until I hurt someone).  This is about self confidence. And beware they don't teach or practice this in school.

Sometimes I find very difficult to explain in simple and convincing words to a 10 y.o. kid why the people are bad, why kids are mocking among themselves, why the contemporary moral values and behavior are not the right ones, why her teacher is doing or saying things even I can't accept or justify.

Runa is a very good kid, with very much common sense and good behavior, but somehow vulnerable for the jungle out there. I am always trying to motivate her and lifting her spirit but keeping her in the positive area of human behavior.

So here I am trying to justify why a gang of kids (spoiled enough most probably) she joined last December, when we finally afforded to send her in a ski holiday in Austria, was constantly laughing at her only because she was the last one on the ski slopes.

It came back to me then some of my own penitence, now faded out. So I gave her this example in which I have experienced the same kind of laughs and bad jokes during the years. Yet again, when you reach 40, and you have 3 great kids, a gorgeous wife, a personal, social and professional life satisfaction it doesn't matter that kids, people, so called friends or colleagues laughed at your 168 cm height. It's so unimportant that I married a 4 cm taller women. 

And we are great in waltzing together :)