Mar 18, 2011

Auris 4000




One of the reasons I am so good - and immodest I know:) - in my job is because I have a natural talent for geographical and topographic orientation. I have an almost unfailing photographic memory when it comes to places. Let me go just one time in a city and I will be able to go blindly next time. Like I have a GPS in my head.

But that's the thing. I don't like GPS. I love the maps. There is something about me and the maps. Corollary to my love for traveling I presume, but it should be more. A recently started to use GPS because of the easiness of usage and freedom Cami has with it ;) But I am still buying at least one map for any road trip I am taking. And God knows road trip is my kind of trip. That's how I got half of a case full with maps.

I recently made a Romanian road trip, a business trip in colleague's Auris. 4000 km and seeing most of the Romanian outdoor advertising inventory.  So he was puzzled. Not only that I knew the street names and know how to find my way in any of cities we visited but I was still remembering most of the board addresses.

I think that all my passions, my skills and professional experience brought me back to this job. It's just to fit for me. And for the maps in my head.

The other half of the case is full with travel guides (mostly DK, my favorite). I have this habit, every time I go to an English or French speaking country I buy DK travel guides for the places I would love to see.

I guess I have to stop because the balance is to heavy for the ones I still haven't reach. I will need a bigger Auris for that.