Dec 27, 2010

Der kleine und das biest

Back in October this year, Runa, my 9 y.o daughter was selected to be a part of the jury to Minimest, the kid section of Animest short film festival.

I sat for 6 hours in 3 days and watched with Runa and her cousin, Andrei, a ton of short animation films, all genres.

Eventually, the 3 little girls in the jury had to select one winner. I can't lie that I did not lobbied (among the other parents) for my favorite film but everyone agreed the the winner should be "Der kleine und das biest" (The little boy and the beast) Directors: Uwe Heldschotter, Johannes Weiland from Germany.

I did not realized fully at the time why it made such a strong impression on me. It's true that I have always been impressed about how broken parent relationships impact on kids. I have lived that unfortunately. I wished I had seen this movie when I was in need for it. Or, better, my parents.

I tried to find the video. There is only one on rutube, in Russian :( Below is a link in original German. No English translation but extremely easy to grasp.

http://wstreaming.zdf.de/tivi/300/091105_sie_ig_kleine_und_das_biest.asx