Feb 14, 2011

The state of normality

Mamaia 2011

I am passing through a very difficult period of my life. Mainly because of workload but mostly because of my attitude towards work and life in general. 500% commitment and involvement, strong will to succeed, no break and in an impossible state of mind that give me no peace and allow me no form of real relaxation. This persists for more than 3 months by now and I am really concerned about it.

In the middle of this period, last Friday we went for Petre & Andreea marriage. It was a shock. A lovely, surprising, normal weekend. Full of peace, love and normality. I forgot about problems, stress, addictions and any kind of troubles my mind is experiencing. At some point, before leaving for Bucharest we passed by the lake in the way for my relatives in Navodari. 

I had to stop. I turned on the continuous line and pulled over to shoot this scene. Not only that was extremely photographic, not only that was amazingly interesting but it looked like my current life. Agitated, strong winds, hard to stay stable, not sure it is raining or it's sunny and me and all birds around me trying to escape. I stayed there and took some shots in the strong wind, looking at the strange lake all tormented, frozen and wet.

Two hours later we came back. Wind has stopped. Lake was looking as a regular lake in the winter. We said good bye to our friends. Small raindrops started to fall when we left. I drove peacefully for two hours in the dark before reaching our home. I had a profound and relaxed sleep.

Sweet state of normality, wish you stay around for good!