May 16, 2012

The Beggar, The Bank and the Sex Shop. Three short stories about a suit

Dryanovo, 2012

First one: Black suit, 2 doors cars, stop light in traffic. The Beggar come from nowhere and start washing (kind of) my back window. I pity him and (unusually) give him a bill left in the car. "Sa traiti domn avocat" he smiles at me. Something like, long live Mr. Lawyer. He had 2 min to judge me from what he felt and interacted with me. I am not a lawyer but he was close.

Second one: Blue suit, white oxford shirt, freshly shaved, walking calmly in the mall at a very relaxed (again unusually) hour with my mind wandering around. In front of me a good looking business dressed lady stops in front of a shop for a second trying to look inside it. Shee realises I am looking towards her, she turns around surprised and embarrassed. It was a sex shop. The she looks straight in my eyes with the most inviting look I ever saw. She had 10 seconds to judge me. Was I a good catch for her?

Third one: Suit again (color doesn't matter), inside the office, calling my bank. 10 min on the line, 5 identification questions. The operator sitting in front of the computer knows EVERYTHING about me, my profession, my bank account. And still talks to me like I am some kind of annoying shit. 

That's the environment my friends here. You have to wear a certain suit people are interested in before treating you with minimum respect.