Apr 5, 2011

Second Life

Starting today I will change this blog. I will talk less about me, my doubts and my feelings. I will show you more of my pictures and I will try to tell you the story of the picture, the way I took it, what I had in mind when taking it or, and hopefully more interesting, the way I look at it.

Paris 2004

For years I had changed and changed and changed again various photo gear trying to find the perfect lens, the perfect camera. I always knew the very truth about the fact that photography is about seeing the light and having the eye but, over the years, I kept being preoccupied more on the technical side of photography and less about finding my artistic modjo. I recently decided to give it another try. No, I will not sell my gear to restart from an FM2 but I will be more concerned about the image's message than its technical aspects.

Image above is taken below Tour Eiffel with one of my worst camera's ever. It was 9:00 AM and thousands of people were filling the area. Somehow, I managed to find some peace and capture the spirit of tower's silhouette and mystery. Or better, I like to think I did.