Jan 14, 2011

End of the line

Covasna 2010
Today my mother received her retiring decision. She worked for 31 years, 1 month and 12 days. She has been the most serious and dedicated state employee I ever met. She will get a ridiculous amount as pension. She called my today to tell me the news.

It was like a cold shower. Not that we are not happy and we were not expecting it but I realized that I am 40 this year and by the time I will see my kids grown ups I will have to retire too. I wouldn't dare to imagine the pension that I would get after working in all kind of employment (or better non employment forms) in the last 15 years.

It made me realize that I tend to care and do things without thinking too much of the future. It made me realize I need to close some chapters in my life, live fully the present and plan for a more balanced  future.

It made me draw the end of some of my own lines.